Coffee Cake Donut
Got room for a little dessert? If so, then these donuts will be right up your alley. These scrumptious donuts are truly mouth-watering. You will definitely need to make two batches of these if you plan on sharing them. (wink, wink)
Makes 6 Donuts
- 1 cup all purpose flour (can use gf flour as well)
- 1/2 cup non dairy milk
- 1 tbsp flax meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp melted vegan butter (can also use coconut oil)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- For coffee cake streusel:
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 4 tbsp melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- For vanilla drizzle:
- 1/2 cup powder sugar
- 1 tbsp nondairy milk
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven on 375 F
2. Oil donut pan with coconut oil or vegan butter
3. Place flax meal in a small bowl w/ 2.5 tbsp water. Let set to form “egg like” consistency
4. Place dry ingredient in a large bowl (flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda) and mix well
5. Add wet ingredients (melted vegan butter, non dairy milk and vanilla extract) and mix to form dough.
6. Place dough in ziploc bag and cut on end or a piping bag.
7. Mix ingredients together to make coffee cake streusel
8. Place one round of dough into each donut tin.
9. Pack coffee cake crumbles on top of the dough and use fingers to pat it down with the dough.
10. Place in oven and bake for 15-17 minutes. (If using silicon pan, place pan on a baking sheet before placing in the oven).
11. While baking, use ingredients to make the vanilla drizzle.
12. Take out of oven and let them cool for 5-7 min.
13. Remove from pan and place on cooling rack or plate.
14. Use spoon to drizzle vanilla glaze onto each donut.
15. Repeat until all donuts are finished